Monday, May 26, 2008

Dave Hodges: Who Am I and What Do I Do?

My name is Dave Hodges. I teach psychology 101 (dual enrollment), statistics, reseach methodology, personality theory, abnormal psychology, social psychology, death and dying, learning and cognition. and United States History. In my spare time, I am the head men's basketball coach at Glendale Community College and despite having the worst finanical resourses in our conference, with no dorms and only meager, partial scholarships, we managed to win 19 games last year and we should be good again this year.

I teach online for Deer Valley Unified Schools, Grand Canyon University and Rio Salado College. I have also written a total of five courses for Grand Canyon University and Rio Salado College in the education and psychology departments at the respective schools.

I used to have my own weekly radio talk show at KBSZ Radio in which I interviewed many prominent and nationally known guests (eg Jerome Corsi and Dr. Lorraine Day). In addition, I write an editorial column for Freedoms Phoenix and I fancy myself a self-proclaimed expert on the JFK assassination. I am also a nationally certified mental health counselor and have worked with ex-cons in transition and recovery.

On an activist level, I have been involved in legislative efforts to reform the eminent domain laws in Arizona and some members of the Arizona Legislature and Governor's office know me well and are very familiar with my role as the former spokesperson for the Arizona Coalition to Protect Property Rights. In 2007, I led a successful fight to save the property rights of 2000 of my neighbors from the attempted state-imposed unconstitutional regulations which would have stripped away our property rights.

I have been actively courted by the Republicans, the Democrats, the Libertarians as well as the Constitution parties. I have admantly refused to run for office despite several requests to do so. The reason? I am too blunt to effectively carry out the roles and duties of a politician and my recent health concerns preclude me from taking on any more responsibilities (doctors orders). However, I am not above watching and reporting on those who would use their professional office for their own personal gain. I have been threatened by Senators, mayors, local representatives and members of Westmarc. I take that to mean that I am doing a good job reporting on the foxes as they try to rob the proverbial hen house.

I am nearing retirement and I plan to publish a tell-all book which details, with stunning levels of documentation, those that have and continue to pillage our great country and state for their own personal benefit. Why? Because I care about the America I am passing on to the next generation.

My true professional love comes in the areas of coaching and teaching. I absolutely love the field of online teaching which I have been doing since 1996. I have been coaching since 1979.

I am married and my family lives in our country home north of Surprise where we can see the stars and constellations that city dwellers can only look at in text books on astronomy.

I love my life and hope all of my students will come to the same level of satisfaction that with their professional and personal accomplishments that I have been blessed to enjoy.

No comments: